Thursday, November 18, 2004

Typical.

Well, Windows took a dump on me today with its classic Blue Screen of Death, or BSOD as I call it since I get it so often. It started this morning when I got my hot new video card. It all looked good and innocent at first. I uninstall the old drivers, shut down, put in the new card, and boot up. Next thing I know while desktop just begins to load, Windows hits me with the BSOD for only a milisecond, but just long enough to see. It then proceeds to reboot again in a viscious cycle. This would happen in safe mode also.
Right now, at 12:19AM I am just aboud done installing Half-Life 2 once again to conclude a 12 hour computer repair session. I'm sure the headcrabs will look stunning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vanderganes said...

So did you lose your HL2 game saves when all this transpired? Or does it not work like that. See, I'm just an idiot with a Sega Genesis and copy of Metroid Prime 2 he plays on his brother's Gamecube. ;p

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you need the new graphics card for the HL2? Otherwise all the cool awesome headcrabs won't display properly?

-nayrb

8:31 AM  
Blogger Cyphoid said...

Well, I don't NEED the new card to play. But if I want it to look really really really good AND play really well, then I only have one choice. Plus its a good bragging point.
And yes, I was able to salvage my saved games. That was one of the first things I did. Priorities man, priorities.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home