Sunday, August 13, 2006

Love you, Jimi

Was driving the other day and saw a bumper sticker on the bumper of a car. It said, "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" -Jimi Hendrix. I laughed and laughed and laughed. The windows were rolled down too.

First off, that notion has been pretty much false for all of world history. Second, who quotes Jimi in a non musical context? He can play the guitar pretty flippin' well. That's about it. Third, I was under the notion that quoting someone who is in a constant state of "high" is bad form. Or maybe it's just me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ssscuse me, while I kiss this guy, er, I mean, excuse me while I kiss the sky. bern dern dern, dern dern dern, dern dern dern. (sound of statocaster at full-tilt boogie.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home