Sunday, July 02, 2006

'drew has finally stepped into the digital age. After spending hours in a dark garage all alone, and raking leaves all day long, and saving all his money, he decided that it would be worth it to spend some of that money on himself for once. He is now the proud owner of a Sansa e250 mp3 player (that also plays videos and pictures and records voice and FM radio). And I got it all for even cheaper than what you can begin to think about getting an Ipod for. People often talk about (old person voice) "the value of a dollar". They say to me, "What are you doing this summer? Oh, your working!?" (like I haven't been for the past two-three years), "That's good. It'll teach you to save money".
I have a firm grasp on the value of the dollar, thank you very much. That Sansa cost me sixteen hours of taxed labour. Sixteen hours of scrubbing beer stains out of the floor, of wiping melted candy off of just about everything, of weeding gardens, of transplanting trees across the yard and then moving them back to where they were the next day, of displacing twenty cubic feet of sand and dirt from the ground, of breathing paint fumes in ill ventilated areas, of assembling chinese made furniture.

I know precisely how much I paid for my new toy, and I am going to enjoy every last bit of it until it drops dead and bursts into flames.

5 Comments:

Blogger sj said...

Good for you, Drewy. And, also, I love that you referred to yourself in the 3rd person.

10:02 AM  
Blogger heidi said...

sweeeet. sounds like you can bust out the jams whenever you like.

11:13 AM  
Blogger nayrb said...

Oh no! Your not the next person I know who is going to start growing wires out of their ears?!

Sounds great Drew. Have fun with it. (BTW, you didn't mention any of the hardware specs. Like, what's the harddrive, or flashdrive, capacity.)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Paulvig von Cromptoven said...

How much was it? I want one.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Cyphoid said...

It's got two gigs of flash memory. Expandable Micro SD slot (max 2 gigs,at the moment), Divix, Avi, Mov + others capabilities, MP3/WMA capabilities, a built in microphone for recording, a FM tuner (which can be recorded from), and 2 gigs of absolute sleekness.

Got it for $120 (140 at the website (which was cheaper than the $180 official price) and a $20 rebate).

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home