Saturday, May 20, 2006

Greek class is Over

Last Friday I finished two years of Koine Greek. Hundreds of vocab words, dozens of different forms, and numerous irregularities. Two years of, every Friday, sitting in a room with other people. It started with ten others, if I remember correctly. As they got married off, or wimped out (whichever was the case), the number of people was slowly whittled down to five core contenders.

Strangely, in a very odd way, it feels as if I don't know anything more than what I went in with. I don't feel very different. Maybe that is the way it is suppose to work -the information is so ingrained in me that I don't have to think about it. Just know it. There were days when there was so much information in my head that I literally couldn't keep it straight.

I can't say that I got the best grades in the world. I can't say that I couldn't have put more work into it. I don't know whether I bombed the final project or not, but I can safely say this: Whether or not I got a passing grade, I survived the Greek class of '06.

2 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin said...

Ah yes, I remember the days. We would be so loopy from studying that fellow classmates were even laughing at my jokes. Even today I catch myself reciting the Greek alphabet. "Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta . . . "

6:09 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!! :)

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home