Thursday, March 10, 2005

can't deal with it.

I shall be brief today.
I would like to share with you a,,, revelation of sorts (puts on best A. Smith accent). I have come to the simple conclusion that socialization is WAY overrated. It just plain stinks.
First of all, you have to think way too hard. Is this going to bug him/her? Am I going past the polite boundaries? Would I be offending him/her with this? What would they think of this?
Which leads into number two: it takes thought away from other stuff that you want/need to do or think about. And not only that, but "socializing" tires you out, which in turn, proves for ineffective thoughts.
Third, nothing really gets accomplished. All you hear about is the weather (who doesn't know about that?), someone elses job (who really cares all that much, unless you're getting me some sweet deal, or you have some extrodinarilly funny story), or you hear someone talking about someone else and how horrible they are.
And fourth, for those people who are absolutely no good at it, it is as bad as preforming on a euphonium in front of a crowd without any prior knowledge as to what the heck a euphonium is.

I thought up a bunch more before, but I can't seem to remember them right now. It must have been from being up late at that party last night ;) (See reason #2).

EDIT: Note, the link above was (loosely) based on a real event where the term conversational homicide seemed very appropriate. It was rather funny.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs A said...

This is the 10 year old kid who traveled, back and forth to orchestra rehearsal in silence. I always thought he was mad, but he was just thinking. He never wanted to waste any thinking time for smalltalk. It was always a pleasant time for me...then Charlie started rehearsing...Mr Smalltalk..

4:34 AM  
Blogger sj said...

I'm not sure I want to ask what brought this on...

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home