Monday, December 13, 2004

Boston Paluza

I'm not quite sure what has been happening this past week, but it has to have been something. My computer has been on fewer hours than I have been playing Violin. There is definitely a disturbance in the force going on here. Particularly, I can note a small bit of damage done in my right typing hand. I cannot type more than a few sentences or lines of code before I make an error. The spam email has been piling up and my desktop picture has gone unchanged. And, due to this lackage of computer usage, I actually did some room maitinence and did some cleaning. It is truly a sad sight.

Thus spake the master programmer: "After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless."

I had a glimpse of The Tao of Programming as the second day spun by and I felt the true force of the above statement hit me. Hence, I pulled out the ol' code and resumed fixing the damage that had been done when Wind0ze rolled over and died.

On Saturday the whole youth group went down to Boston for our annual Boston Trip. I tried my best to rename the occasion "Boston Paluza", but I'm not too sure how successful I was. We split up into girls/guys teams and began a digital camera scavenger hunt where the rules consisted of taking pictures of the largest things we could find that were on the list and getting as many of us in the picture as possible. Scenes consisted of a picture of our group eating, lifting up something large, posing with an elf, hanging with a frog (or frogs), singing in front of a large crowd, a picture of a clock (Ironically, the clock was a 3 stuges clock. Special thanks to the old guy behind the counter. He was sure he wasn't going to get that clock back) etc. Unfortunitaly, I only had some of the pictures on my camera. The remainder were on another camera.
We also made a couple of friends. The nice guy from Bank of America not only took our picture, but gave us information on where to find more scavenger targets AND gave us free pens! We made double sure to shake his hand before we left the area. Other new buddies consisted of a KGB security guard, a couple guys in a cool car in the parking garage, and a guy in a giant otter suit.

I can't remember anything else right now. So, I better stop.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What and...um...interesting day

7:05 PM  
Blogger Vanderganes said...

Looks like Drewey has already made it on HotorNot.com. Heh.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Mrs A said...

hehehehehehe!!!
My Drewey is certainly HOT!

7:56 AM  
Blogger nayrb said...

Boy, that is depressing. not coding for a while. I have sympathy for you. Although doing some room mantainance is not bad. Your mom probably appricates it.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i certainly would vote hot... ; P

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home