Thursday, April 28, 2005

Korn, for a healthy diet

Drivers Ed, woohoo, so mentally outstretching and thought provoking. Also a great place for social indulgence.

I usually sit on the very right side with nobody sitting on my right. When I am not looking at my flash cards and am not looking at the instructor, I am generally staring at the wall trying to force myself to think a think of value (Oh the thinks you can think....). It was during an extended lull in the instructors talking, and after I had gone through my greek flashcards 10 cumulative times, that I heard the comment coming off from the left side "Look dude, he's got a hickey!". At this point, I usually continue to stare at the wall, but this seemed like it was said in my general direction. I looked over just as he began to say, "Hey man, look, you got a hickey!". It took me a minute to register just what he was talking about. He pointed to the left side of his neck, under the jaw bone.
"That? Thats just my violinist club card".
"Oh, heh, ok".
He turned around.

He's just jealous that I've been online all day chatting with hot babes.

That wasn't even the weirdest part. The other kid that sits just about right behind me that is the Korn addict (read, has the hats, has the T-shirts, has the sweatshirts, wears the pants, and listens to the CDs at earsplitting volumes. He even has the flippin' flap bag thing, and isn't afraid to tell you all about them and weed) leans up and says, "Hey, you play the violin? I wanted to get one of those. How much do they go for?". I mean, what the crap? Where did this come from? Just when I thought the world didn't make any sense, it makes even less sense. Granted, he had the idea that it would be sort of like a guitar, except in the different direction, and he also wants to buy bagpipes (which I am not holding him up in arms for. Recently I have been wanting to get a set of bagpipes too), but still, this is just way way WAY out there.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two questions about bagpipes. How do you tune them? How do you know you're in tune? And, can anything other than "Amazing Grace," be played on a bagpipe?
Oh, that's three. Sorry.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Paulvig von Cromptoven said...

Hey, I play the violin and I don't have one of those things on my neck. Am I not practising enough?

1:51 PM  
Blogger The A, Mistah said...

You can tune a bagpipe. The little tubes slide in and out to tune each note. I'm not sure that you CAN play any other song on them, and I don't really think it matters if they are in tune.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Cyphoid said...

Very odd. I have never seen anyone attempt to tune their bagpipe before. I always sort of assumed that it was "factory tuned" or something, with all of the pipes being a fixed length. But I would not like to think of one of those pipes being just ever so slightly out of tune. With them droning on and on, the dissonence would be life threatning.

Sorry Paul, you can't get into the Violinist's lounge, then. What can I say?

And, if I ever got my hands on a pair of bagpipes, I would do things with them that you would have never imagined, Papahboy.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like blow our ears off? :-P

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home