Thursday, April 14, 2005

Future intellectuals of the US.

I have just finished the second week of the three week entanglement of Drivers Ed. I cannot believe that I have spent so much time in a classroom doing just about nothing. Don't get me wrong, the guy is our classroom "instructor" is rather neat, considering the job that he has at hand and considering that he has done this for 20 years (or something to that extent). But spacing out parallel parking or street signs into a 1.5 hour slot AND make it interesting is not a compatible combination. Especially when most everyone else in the room doesn't want to be there as much as I do, but isn't afraid to make their opinion known or divert their attention with gossip or crude jokes. When I am not taking diligant notes to keep myself awake, there is usualy a movie playing. So far, no blood and gore to scare me, but a number of dummie crashes and "dramatic reanactments" of car collisions and pedestrian impacts (one involving a maniquin baby that flew a couple feet in the air. I could just barely supress my snickering. It was just so fake coupled with the fact that everyone in the movie was trying to look so serious. Doesn't work for me). Most of the movies appear to be 15 years old themselvs, judging by the large amounts of very large hair, the 90's style hip clothing that all the cool kids who used their safty belts wore, and the giant casset walkman that the distracted pedestrian would be carrying.
Movies weren't too bad though. While watching a taped TLC "World's Worst Drivers" episode that I had already seen 20 times before, I was able to use the time to go over my Greek flashcards, seeing as half the time I couldn't hear what was playing on the TV anyway, since everyone was talking. That actually proved to be a productive time, until people decided to socialize to a greater degree each day. I had been sitting on the very right in the middle row. A nice tactical spot where I was only flanked on 3 sides, and I could see a majority of the class at any given time with a nice clear space on the right where I could get up at any time and dive out, should anything go south. I came in slightly later one day (still earlier than class time. I am never later), and my seat was taken. So I assumed another seat in the very front next to 2 other (much more sane) seemingly intelligent people. I like to be consistant, so I have sat there all week. Not being the openly obnoxious type (to most people, with some excetpions), I no longer have any time to study greek there. Which has left me with a study gap for this week.

So now I am going to memorize a bunch of stuff for tomorow because I was too stupid to do it all the beginning of this week, not that I could have done it in class then either. So, once again, my stupidity wins out. Which, I guess, isn't necissarially bad. Either way, I still win.
I'm really tired now though, so I want to just get it done and go to bed. So why the crap am I writing this stupid thing. This retarted entry took me 20 minutes to write. Geez. It isn't even coherant. I wrote it in 20 different sections at once. I don't even know why I am putting this paragraph right in the middle of it all. That is just plain stupid.

I think that the chair is tactically made to strain my back, or something. I think it may be that the desk part of the chair is so low that I need to hunch a little to rest my arm on it, so it adds up after a long time to make my back ach. About half way through the class I start to squirm to try and strech out.

The pizza was good today, though. I'll give it that. BACON!!!


(I apologize if this is only halfway ledgable. I don't feel like reading it over right now. Well, nope, forget it. I'm not sorry. Deal with it.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs A said...

Sorry to burst your bubble my boy, but driver's ed goes for four weeks, not three!
mom

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When the day goes wrong... you can always look forward to a good meal"

3:25 PM  
Blogger retromullet said...

"Smile today...it will be worse tommorow."

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask your older sister about the importance of paying attention in Drivers' Ed.
"Whatever. Just crash it."

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

School Spirit Lady(with a strong southern accent):Where is your happy face!?!
Guy with a poker face:This is my happy face.(guy keeps a poker face)


(Excerpt from "Bringing Down The House" commercial)

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home