Tuesday, May 03, 2005

*****. Cute pop culture, or pure evil. You be the judge

There are a lot of people who are not familiar with the term that I am going to present them here. It is rather unfortunate, seeing as I now have many people stationed across the country whose soul job it is to spread the good news.

But I am trying to put an end to this sub culture, and make it pop culture, so pay attention. The word I am putting forth here has a number of different meanings, all of varying severity. If not used correctly, it could result in calling someone something that you did not intend and it would become a very embarrassing situation. Even destructive to the friendship, depending on the stuffieness of the recipient.

The word that is being referred to here is "Panda". Before you go calling me a panda-hater or a redneck or intolerant (which I am of a lot of things ;) ) or anything like that, keep in mind that this has nothing to do with the species of panda itself (although some may beg to differ, but that is up to them to decide). It is just a way of expressing oneself. It does seem a little awkward the first few times you use it, but just let loose! Soon it becomes second nature, and it just seems to fit when you call someone a panda.

By itself with no modifiers, the usage of the word "panda" is relatively simple. It is a slight insult, most often used in a playful manner.
eg. "Dude, you spilled cottage cheese on your shirt. You're such a panda".
Compared with, "Dude, you spilled cottage cheese on your shirt. You're such an idiot".

Simple enough. Now we introduce the post positive modifier, "ryda". It is not as hard or exotic to say as it may first appear. Think of the word "Rider" and place a heavy New England accent on it and, huzzah! But note, the word must ALWAYS appear in the form of "ryda", and nothing else. This is very important. The usage of this combination has a more forceful feel to it.
eg. "Dude, that panda ryda just cut me off!"
compared with. "Dude, that stupid idiot just cut me off!"

And finally, there is the extreme negative force variation of the word. Only use this one if you wish immanent death, or something similar or worse, upon the subject.

eg. "You killed my father, you butt panda!"
eg. 2. "Get out of my way butt panda or I'll punch your face in"

I will not compare this one to lay terms, since this is intended to be a rated G blog *with some mild violence and mentally damaging humor*.

I must credit the inception and development of this one to Mark. It would not be here without his continual linguistic labors in this area.

There you have it folks. Learn and use. I want to see Judge Judy calling people Pandas by the end of this year. I want to hear Ice Tea (or Ice Cube, whatever his name is these days) calling people butt pandas in his next explosive feature film. I want to see women tearing each others hair out in Opera while bleeping out the expletives Pan**! Pa**a!
At the moment, we currently have operatives spreading the word in Texas, Maine, Ohio, Colorado, Rhode Island (possibly?), Massachusetts, New hampshire, Arkansas, and an extra zealous thrust in Virginia, and there is a remote possibility of one in England (Thats in Europe!). I am working on some strong international operatives too.
If you are spreading the good word also, let me know so that I can add it to my list. Alone we are strong, together we are invincible! (ehem, if you have heard this before, don't tell the publishers. please)

13 Comments:

Blogger Vanderganes said...

For those wondering, "Butt Panda" came from an impression of what a completely wasted Drewey at a LAN party would sound like.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Walt said...

Count PA & MD in.

11:28 AM  
Blogger nayrb said...

That's such a lame idea.

You're such a panda Drew!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im tired of saying panda, I said it to some people and now they keep asking what it means!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Hey Beethoven89, You made your panda: now ryde it!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Paulvig von Cromptoven said...

Hey wait a second. Who posted in my screen name? That wasn't me.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your such a bahby panda 'thoven.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Cyphoid said...

Great, another convert. Consider PA and MD added. Just remember to live up to what you have committed to. We shall have no half Pandafiers out there.

'drew

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I called several people "panda" just today!

5:33 PM  
Blogger nayrb said...

No, actually Drew,
Thanks for the calrification.
I never knew what it meant to be called a panda. I'll probably be using it a lot now. Thanks!

5:58 AM  
Blogger heidi said...

you forgot about me and lynnae's "drewey is a panda" t-shirts in WA state.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Cyphoid said...

Oh, how quickly I forget. Yes, I will remember to keep WA on the map.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, Cass. I was waiting for the 'balogious panda' insult, and it never came...

Drewy, I'll volunteer to be a panda missionary and travel to far lands. :P

- Sar H

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home