Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Let Daniel have a crack at this one...

The other night was a flurry of activity in the dream arena. It was one of those nights where the dreams just kept coming and coming, and they were all linked to the same epic proportion plot. Unfortunitally, the instant I woke up I could not remember any of the plot, even though I knew that it had existed and it had seemed to have been a rather interesting one. Very vividly, though, I remember one specific scene of the unfolding saga. I was standing in the front yard on my way to some other story objective while engaging in conversation with (I am pretty sure it was) Stephen B. At that time, I took a glance toward the other yard and noticed something. I laughed a little and told Stephen to check it out too. He turned around to see the man who was dressed up in a 100% accurate and enthusiastically hairy Chewbacca suit, while mowing the lawn. We gave him a friendly wave and he waved back. We both chuckled a little, then turned to continue on with our business.
Walking away, I thought in passing, "heh heh, guy in chewbacca suit Mowing the LAWN!". Then I started laughing. I laughed so hard that my knees started to buckle, and I fell on the ground. I started rolling around laughing like crazy, and I couldn't stop. Chewbacca was mowing the lawn! Come on! It's hilarious! I think I woke up after that.

That was probably the most that I had ever laughed in my life, and it was only a dream. I feel so dorky.


I forgot to add, this is a two part rant. On another note, I got my wicked awesome combat boots in today. Pure 100% thick leather means that I finally have a pair of shoes that will not admit water at the same rate as a dry saltine cracker in the sahara desert immersed in chicken soup. And for twenty bucks, these shoes will probably last me for a number of years (I can hope). Anything is better than the walmart shoes that I got just prior to the winter onslaught. It has only been 3-4 months and they are almost gone. All for the same 20$.

Now, the walmart boots that I had prior to those were amazing. I would venture to say that they were the best pair of shoes that I ever had. Very water resistant, very durable to work in, were not white (they don't look as dirty all the time, heh), and they fit me like, well, a shoe. Tough as nails, yet comfortable as indian moccasins.

They did wear out, but not until neigh on 12 whole months. And, of course, walmart had to cease selling them by the time I needed another pair. Hence the sequel crappy pair.
Now I have a stylish comfortable AND functional pair of shoes.

Phear my 1337 bootz.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Posting about dreams... very familiar. Yet it is effective. Wish that I was really there with you in that adventure.

7:28 PM  
Blogger nayrb said...

You watch too much star wars. :-p

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After I saw Drew's boots on Wednesday night I went hope and slept. Funny thing, I had this dream about Nancy Sinatra.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that the chewbaka suit represents 7 weeks of prosperity, and the lawnmower represents 7 weeks of, well, let's say, not so good stuff. The fact that he waved to you is a way of saying "laugh now if you want, but beware, the BIG MOWER is comming..."

6:16 PM  
Blogger Cyphoid said...

Well, that isn't so bad. All I have to do is leach 1/10th of everyone bandwidth for 7 weeks until the massive hoards of people start pouring in to read my blog on the next 7 weeks.
Now, as for Stephen, well, at least he doesn't currently hold a job as a baker or a wine cup barer, or anything like that.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home