Monday, December 19, 2005

Monday Bloody Monday

Today is Monday. A part of my usual Monday routine is to finish up school, maybe use the computer for a while, then practice my Violin for a good long time, then head out to NYO orchestra rehearsal. Since we had our winter concert last week, there is no rehearsal tonight. Since it is also the Christmas and New Years season, we will not have any rehearsals until January. I already feel like my week is empty and void, since I don't have to kill myself practicing all week long, at least compared to the past two/three weeks practicing amount. I miss my buddies already. I need someone to laugh at. I need someone to cry over hard music with. I need someone to make sour faces from sour notes at.

Who would have thought that I would miss sitting straight up for over an hour and getting yelled at for playing wrong?

4 Comments:

Blogger nayrb said...

I geuss you would like to be in my shoes then. It hasn't gotten really bad yet but I can see it, but I've been starting to be asked to play for a bajillion stuff. So this week I got stuff to practice for Christmas Eve.

It's just that, I have district coming up, and I want to be particularly prepared.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drewie gets that sort of request all the time, now that he has made the transition to being a "professional" musician. Next step is an agent, I guess.

6:34 PM  
Blogger nayrb said...

I like to call myself an un-professional musician.

5:12 AM  
Blogger heidi said...

drew ya love the abuse eh?

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home