Sunday, March 05, 2006

I hate (small) dogs

I went for a walk a while ago. It was a longish walk. A nice day, too. I was glad to be able to stretch my legs. While walking on a certain road, I heard the universal irritating rapid fire sound of a tiny dog screaming and barking of a yard about one-hundred feet or so away. Ahh, I thought, the first catch of the day. This would put the icing on the already delectable cake of the day. punt!, or so I was hoping to do. These stupid dogs think they can really take on an entity that is thirty times its own body mass. And they only bark and yip in such an annoying manner because their stupid liberal owners are too "tolerant" and "understanding" and "animals are people too" to yank on the leash and tell them to shut up (you can tell it's bad when their kids act the same way...). Then they dress them up in little sweatshirts so that they can bark at you even when it is snowing out (whoops, drove the snowblower a little too close to the doghouse that last run...) Anyways, the retardog was barking for at least a minute now. Then it burst out and started charging toward me. I was smiling. Then, from the yard that the dog ran from, a door of the house opened, and a young boy of around eight or nine came out. *napoleon sigh*, I can't send this kid's dog into orbit while he is watching. So I kept on walking down the road towards the house that the dog came from, which I hadn't yet passed. The incessant barking continued. Somewhere from inside the house I could hear multiple times, "Get the dog!! Billy, get the dog!!" (for the sake of anonymity, actual names have been ommited). The dog got about five feet away in front of me and maintained that distance while I kept walking towards it. He ran towards me and I lifted my foot up and put the sole of my size 12 in front of its face. It freaked out and ran backwards in a few circles. It ran behind me, and I am convinced that it was aiming for my butt, but I kept it a good few feet away. I was getting miffed because it was annoying me, and I couldn't kick it because the kid was still standing on the doorstep. Around that time, the sizable mother came out the front door and started yelling to the dog to "Get over here!". After trying that a few times, she actually walked out to get the dog. She picked up the demon midget, which still had not stopped barking. She apologized a couple times.

Then, she apologized one final time and said, "I'm sorry, he really loves to make friends, just in the wrong way".


Happy Birthday

5 Comments:

Blogger heidi said...

retardog.

that was like the best part.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Is it "RE-tar-dog" or "re-TAR-dog" I wonder.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

yeah, right, "make friends"! I'm *sure* that was the retardog's sole intention! Nice to see you posting again, Drew!

3:49 PM  
Blogger sj said...

kOne time I was getting barked at by a mother doberman and her puppy, and they started running for me too. I was nervous about the momdog, as she could actually do damage....The same thing happened to me tho, about the kid standing on the porch doing nothing. I finally yelled at the kid to get his dog, and managed to get away. I hate stupid dogs and stupid kids.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

We have a pair of those evil Doberman across the street. We were getting in the van once and all of a sudden here they come running to the van door. Never liked them since(the doberman's that is).

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home