Sunday, March 26, 2006

Psychedelia dia Doritos

I go through phases where I will remember some aspects of many different dreams that I had the night before. Unless these dreams are causing me to wake up in the night and give me a crummy sleep pattern, I usually enjoy them. I invite the often insightful illusions coursing through my mind. Other times, I go through phases which can be upwards of a week where I do not remember a single thing or have any impressions from my dreams of the night before.

One thing that I hear many people complaining of is that of getting bad dreams from an active stomach. This status is achieved by eating food right before bed. This is one affliction that I don't believe I have ever been bothered with. It was on Friday night that I think I experienced what so many have spoken of.

Heidi was here, and we all decided that we hadn't had snacks for way too long. Thus, we went out to Walmahts and 1x bag of Black Pepper Doritos, 1x bag of Salt + Vinegar chips, 1x box of Donettes, 2x liters of sohda, Coca Cola style. We went home and proceeded unload on the food. I was already rather satisfied in eating for the day and could have gone without, but I am not one who can pass up Doritos. I ate a lot more that I even supposed I was able to.

When the night wound down, I went to bed (duh). The whole night was filled with psychodelic visions of places and things, some of which are real and some are not. Lots of things flashing in and out. The Grand Canyon. A trailer park. A field of llamas. North Carolina. The eifle tower. The dark side of the moon (?).

Most distinctly, I remember myself and what seemed like hundreds of other people getting onto a bus. All of them were people that I either know or have known. A number of people who I haven't seen for years, lots of people who I have never actually seen a picture of, family, friends, people who I see every week, all piling onto this bus. It wasn't a school bus, but was more of a touring type bus. By the magic of dreams, we turned a cross country trip from what should have been a week into an instant. Then we were inside a concert hall with everyone onstage and a laser light show. I don't know what was playing, but everything was going crazy.

I was also in a car during the darker half of the twilght hour. I was driving ultra fast down the road and was avoiding the dozens of broken down cars and stray dogs that were in the middle of the road. When I saw the cops pulling out from the side of the road with their bar lights on, I yanked a right turn up a hill that sent my flying in the air about ten feet high. I took pleasure in the looks and comments of awe at my sweet moves. I lost the police.

When I eventually woke up after what seemed to be a week's worth of activity, I was hungry.

6 Comments:

Blogger sj said...

Sweet.

11:51 AM  
Blogger nayrb said...

Ihad a dream last night that I was playing hockey. It was fun. I haven't platyed hockey in a while.

12:40 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

a field of llamas, drewey?
well, i had some weird dreams too while i was at your house. probably not used to drinking all that mountain dew. no llamas or tour buses though.

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Field of Llamas" isn't that a movie?

3:35 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

It should be a movie if it's not. Maybe 'drew could make a musical out of it.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Well, sounds like some dream, I've honestly never had a dream like that, but I've never had black pepper doritos right before bedtime either! My advice? avoid llamas and tour buses... and police chases!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home